Header

Sunday, June 18, 2023

AI Video Editing with Clipchamp

Clipchamp Video Editing Tips and Tricks (YouTube link)

A couple of friends asked me what tool I used to do AI video editing and how.  Here are the details of using Microsoft Clipchamp for my new videos.

Clipchamp is free with some goodies

At beginning, I used to be in the camp of using "Photos Legacy".  But, after I've discovered the new tool named Clipchamp, I've moved on with no regret mainly because the new "Create a video with AI" feature.  With the new AI feature, we are empowered with:

  • Using AI-powered features to enhance my video editing in Clipchamp's easy online video editor
  • Condensing and abstracting a collection of video clips into a nice short video for YouTube uploading
  • Learning Clipchamp features from the AI-generated video example
    • Note that you can choose to finalize your newly AI-generated new video as is or you can edit it further manually.  And, I like to modify AI-generated video further by adding my own ideas (e.g., adding new title pages, etc.).
  • Other capabilities include:
    • Text to speech
    • Auto-captions
    • etc.

Two Versions of Clipchamp


You can download Clipchamp app to your laptop or you can use web-based version (link) with Chrome browser (note that Firefox is not supported).  Both versions share the same user account.  

Once I've run into "Buffering" issue on my Clipchamp app and was advised by a Microsoft Clipchamp support person (or bot?) by switching to web-based version to resolve the issue with the following support document:

Step-by-Step Instructions

Once you have signed into Clipchamp, click on the "Create a video with AI" button.

Add your media after you specify the project type and vide type...

Drag & drop your clips.  But, you may want to sort the clips by some order first (e.g., name or datetime).


After clicking on "Get Started", it moves to select which video style you would like to have (you can explore and select a style you want or just let AI choose.

Next you select which aspect ratio suits your video and how long should your video be...

Next you can either finalize your AI-generated video or edit it further

Edit in Timeline


As shown below, I've edited my video further by:
  1. Adding two photos (as highlighted) to be used at the beginning and ending portions of the video
  2. Adding Text to the title page as highlighted
  3. Adjusting overlay and audio timelines based on the new durations
  4. See the final video on the YouTube here

More Readings

No comments:

Post a Comment