Header

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Yokohama Unveiled: A Journey Through Japan's Historic Port City

Video 1.  Yokohama Waterfront ―From Minato Mirai to Osanbashi Pier (YouTube link)

Yokohama (横浜⭐⭐) is Japan's second largest city. It is located less than half an hour south of Tokyo by train.

Towards the end of the Edo Period (1603-1867), during which Japan maintained a policy of self-isolation, Yokohama's port was one of the first to be opened to foreign trade in 1859. Consequently, Yokohama quickly grew from a small fishing village into one of Japan's major cities.

Until today, Yokohama remains popular among expats, has one of the world's largest Chinatowns and preserves some former Western residences in the Yamate district.
Osanbashi Pier


From Minatomirai to Osanbashi Pier



On 11/23/2018, it was my last day in Hakone. In the early morning, I had taken T-Line from Sengoku (仙石) to Odawara (小田原).  Because my flight back to United States was 18:50 in the evening.  I still had more than half day free.  So, I had decided to stop by Yokohama for its ocean-side view.

Carrying luggage is not a good way to do sightseeing.  So, I had to find a locker to put them in at Yokohama Station.  Luckily, I was able to find one in the back side of Station because I was there early (i.e., around 9 am).

After dropping my luggage, I had taken Minatomirai Line (みなとみらい線 Minatomirai-sen) and stopped at Minatomirai Station.  Then I took a lunch at a Buffet restaurant on the 2F of Queens Tower near Minatomirai Station.  After that, I started walking from Minato Mirai to Osanbashi Pier.

Photo Gallery


Capturing the Essence of a Sunny Stroll: A Photographic Journey Through November 23, 2018.

View of Minato Mirai 

View from Osanbashi Pier

View from Osanbashi Pier

Couple taking wedding photos on Osanbashi Pier

Yokohama Intl Passenger Terminal on Osanbashi Pier


View from Osanbashi Pier

Blue Light Yokohama (YouTube link)

Minato Mirai evening view


References

  1. Top attractions in Yokohama
  2. Hakone Travel (Total 16 articles on this blogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment