Before my visit, I have done some research and written the following article:
It turns out that the visit of the Philosopher's Path for its autumn colors on that day was a bit of disappointed mostly because I was late for the peak autumn colors by roughly 2 weeks. However, there were some nice restaurants, cafes, and boutiques along the path for you to explore.
The Philosopher's Path (哲学の道)
哲学の道 is a pleasant city stroll following the old canal (click the map to enlarge), lined with cherry trees, between Ginkakuji Temple (銀閣寺) and Nanazenji Temple (南禅寺). Local scholars call the little alley flanking the canal "The Path of Philosophy (哲学の道)."
Besides visiting 哲学の道 in November for its autumn colors, you should also visit it in early April for the cherry blossom viewing (or hanami) because the path is lined by hundreds of cherry trees.
Below photos are from Google's stock images. The first photo shows you what to expect in cherry blossom season and the second photo shows some street cats found along the path that attract a lot of tourists' attention.
- Kyoto Travel—Philosopher's Path (Along the Old Canal)
- Kyoto Walks
- Japan: Best Autumn Color Spots near Kyoto
- Visiting Eikando Zenrinji Temple (永観堂禅林寺) in Kyoto—Personal Experience
- Japan Travel: Eating in Nara (奈良) (Travel for a Purpose)
- Japan: Temple Lodging at Mount Koya (or Koyasan 高野山) (Travel for a Purpose)
- Temple Lodging in Koyasan—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Visiting Arashiyama (嵐山) in Kyoto—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Visiting Ohara in Kyoto—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Visiting Nigatsudo Hall (二月堂) in Nara—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Visiting Yoshiki-en Garden (吉城園 / よしきえん) in Nara—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Visiting Fushimi Inari Taisha (伏見稲荷大社)—Personal Experience (Travel for a Purpose)
- Travel: How to Ride a Train in Japan (Travel for a Purpose)
- Japan Travel — How to Ride a Bus in Kyoto Area (Travel for a Purpose)