Namba Station is one of the main connection points (the other two are Umeda and Tennoji Stations). But, Namba Station actually means 3 different stations on Google map:
- JR-Namba Station
- Nankai-Namba Station
- Osaka-Namba Station
JR and Other Private Railways in Kansai Region
On Internet, Japan Rail Pass (JR Pass) is often recommended for traveling throughout Japan, which can be used on the railway, bus and ferry services that are provided by Japan Rail Group with few exceptions.
If you are traveling within Kansai region, however, most train services are provided by a myriad of private railway companies. See the caption of the above diagram for some of them.
Which Namba Station?
To search for train routes, Hyperdia becomes a handy tool. However, most likely you will find the following stations (name pair used by Google/Hyperdia):
- JR-Namba Station / JR-NAMBA
- Nankai-Namba Station / NAMBA(NANKAI)
- Osaka-Namba Station / OSAKA-NAMBA
- Kansai Thru Pass (Surutto Kansai)
- Japan Rail Pass
- Japan Rail Group
- How to enjoy Osaka
- KIX to Namba Station serviced by Nankai Limited Express Rapi:t
- KIX → Tengachaya → Shin-Imamiya → Namba
- Departure from KIX roughly every 30 mins
- Regular seat: 1130 yen (downloaded on 05/30/2016)
- How to purchase a ticket
- Osaka, Amsterdam, Sydney, Singapore, Stockholm